Mysterious issue with Digi 001/monitors

abbazabba

I'm just throwing this out there in case anyone has any troubleshooting ideas.

had my Digi 001 Mon. Out L and R going to power amp to monitors. everything was working fine last night. using samplitude.

hooked up my snake to the digi 001 today going to the 1 & 2 inputs for an impromtu drum session. this was my first time using this snake, using a stereo pair...don't understand what this would have to do with anything, but I am just noting anything I changed.

I noticed output levels through my monitors sounded very low. At first I thought it was just because I was recording the signal very low, but as I was making adjustments, the signal was actually peaking at some places, so I realized something was definitely off.

I pulled up a song I was working on last night. I had to turn the amp up to 10 just to reach a level I would have gotten at 2 last night. Again, besides booting up my computer, loading up a new session in Samplitude, and connecting a snake and two condensers to my Digi 001, I had changed nothing. Everything was way too low.

I double checked all my cabling and nothing was disconnected or loose. So I decided to play around with my Digi and took the Mon. Out L and R into the Main Output L and R and voila, output levels were back to normal. Now, when I put them back into the Mon. Out L and R, I get no signal at all.

Does anyone have any idea what I may have done wrong? Did I blow something on the Mon. Outs on my Digi? How could that happen?

I appreciate your help.

Back