My Vocal Recordings Went Bad Out Of No Where

idontxpanic

Normally when i have this problem i would restart my laptop and it would sound good again . But now it seems like its permanent on my Computer . I Use A Windows HP Laptop with FL Studio , a digidedign Mbox2 interface, and a Blue Spark Condenser Microphone .*

When im Recording, my vocals are really low , it would barely get to the yellow even when i turn my mic up . and when i hear the playback and normalize it , it sounds very hollow and muddy . (And no i do not have the pad button on)

ive been recording some good vocals these past months with this setup , so i dont know where this is coming from . any help would be appreciated.

If restarting helped before, I'd look at the drivers for your Mbox. I'd be surprised if it's your computer hardware. Software conflict? Have you looked through all the audio config settings in your control panel? If it were me, I'd look there. Then I'd delete my Mbox drivers, download the latest version, and reinstall.

yes it says eveything is connected and working properly . but i might do what you said and delete the drivers i have and install them again

Let me know if it helps. I don't know anything about your Mbox, but there might be an auto-gain feature that you set through the software. If so, check and see what input gain it has set.

Is it possible that you have turned the mike 180 degrees and you are somehow singing into the back of it? That would account for low volume and the sound being "hollow and muddy".

well i do remember i was turning it 180° a couple of times before i recorded . i will try to see if thats the problem right now .

Live and learn. Stick around the forum. Check out the MP3 clinic and hear what others on the forum are doing. Post some tracks of your own when you're ready. The criticism is honest but given in a positive and helpful spirit, mostly.

Back