My Setup

BillyBenson

Well, I've got nothing fancy to be honest. I've got a USB Samson G-Track for vocals, 2 pairs off headphones: Alphaline Open Back Monitor Headphones, and Closed Back Behringer HPS3000s. I mostly use the Behringers for tracking because they have that loud, in your face sound that I love to hear when tracking (they're also relatively dull and I prefer the neutral sound my alphalines provide for mixing).
I also have a pair of Alesis monitors that I use for mixing, but I try to stick to my headphones because my room isn't treated (I only use them when I need to make sure the vocals aren't being devoured by the mix, a problem I'd constantly run into when I first started mixing).
Last but not least, a Gateway N Series Laptop with the default soundcard. I've also got an MXL Mic, but I lack the XLR Hookups. I can't wait to get the upgrade though, because my music sounds good right now, and any step up in the input category would definitely be a huge step up.

Do some reading and keep recording. A dedicated audio interface with good preamps will make a world of difference to using the OEM soundcard in your computer.

Back