My piece of crap Audiosport Quattro . . .

Helpful (caugh caugh !) guitar center people told me it was supposed to be PC - compatible. "Just log on to the web site and download the drivers. Shouldn't have any problems."

Spent several hours/days trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. Found out it only worked with ASIO-compatible programs like Cubase. Apparently not Sound Forge.

Downloaded a demo of cubase to see if it would work. Cubase works fine, but I still can't get the drivers for the quattro to work. After hours of battle, I learn that it isn't compatible with my version of Windows 98. Nooooo. I need to have Windows 98 SECOND EDITION.

So I now need to shell out some extra dough for a new version of Windows AND a new sound editing program that is ASIO compatible. What a lousy piece of crap.

really, your complaint should be with the assclowns that work at GC......once you get that baby working, your opinion may change......

It seems it comes with MME drivers in addition to the ASIO drivers, in which case you could use any software that supports windows 98se and higher...the key is to beg, borrow, or steal a copy of windows 98 se or higher and youll be in business.....

Thanks, Gidge!

I take bad all the bad things I've said about you. :)

"ass clowns at GC" . . . lol.

Bandwidth issues aside, I would be perfectly happy if I could get just 2 solid channels of recording at good quality. I hear that shouldn't be an issue. I don't use the pc as a multitrack recorder, per se . . . but I still need the mobility -- being able to switch between different computers, and to hook it to a laptop if on the road. Hard to explain without getting long-winded.

Thanks again for the info about the drivers and software.

Just an fyi . . .

Ass clowns at Guitar Center were very helpful and cooperative in exchanging my unit for a new one. This time, I shelled out a little extra cash and got me a Delta 1010 LT. Sticking to PCI for now.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing any Guitar-Center bashing, since they were very professional dealing with my problems.

Peace,

Chess

Back