1.6ghz core 2 duo.

2gb ram.

TI chipset firewire.

vista business.

$550. (ridiculous deal)

coming on tuesday.

really excited to mix with a stylus.

pictures to come. (videos?)

while we're posting good deals.. i was just about to order parts from newegg to build my own computer for the first time, when i somehow stumbled onto a "secret" computer on dells website through googles search. and by secret i mean, if you go to dell.com you cannot find this computer no matter where you search.

anyways here's the specs

amd 64 dual core 2.8 ghz 5600 +
2 gb ram (upgradable to 4)
320 gb harddrive
dvd rw/cd rw

how much? 449 $

if you custom build this computer from scratch on their website it's like 800 bucks... at first i thought this computer was a pricing mistake or an error or something but i ordered the computer and sure enough it went through and i received it for only 449 dollars..and free shipping.

Are you kidding :eek:? I WANT that site!
BTW is there any chance for free shipping outside US?

are you talking to me or the original poster? if me, the site was actually an official dell website and ordered through dell... but it was linked through a page on google when i did a search for "dell coupons" .. and not anywhere from the dell website. if that makes sense? i checked the site thoroughly , in their desktop section, discount sections, etc etc ,and couldnt find a link to it anywhere from dells website... i still think that this computer was posted as some kind of error or mistake... because even the discount /sale computers on dells website were worse AND more expensive than the one i ordered.

i'd give you the link if i still had it , but once i added it to my cart and ordered it i had no need for the link anymore.. plus i ordered it at the end of october so even if i went to my old computer to search history it will probably be gone.

also i dont think they do free shipping outside the usa because its ground shipping.. although i was quite impressed with their shipping.. they estimated i'd get it 6 days after i ordered it, and it came in only 2 days.

while we're posting good deals.. i was just about to order parts from newegg to build my own computer for the first time, when i somehow stumbled onto a "secret" computer on dells website through googles search. and by secret i mean, if you go to dell.com you cannot find this computer no matter where you search.

anyways here's the specs

amd 64 dual core 2.8 ghz 5600 +
2 gb ram (upgradable to 4)
320 gb harddrive
dvd rw/cd rw

how much? 449 $

if you custom build this computer from scratch on their website it's like 800 bucks... at first i thought this computer was a pricing mistake or an error or something but i ordered the computer and sure enough it went through and i received it for only 449 dollars..and free shipping.

even though the good deal, i would never buy dell. too many problems for my liking.

dell seems to be the best "brand name" computers from what i've heard from people...and with excellent customer service. now emachines i'll never touch because i had one and the chipset literally blew up and smoked within the first year of buying it... i have friends with bad experiences with compaqs as well. hp and gateway seem like the other 2 decent ones besides dell. the parts used in my dell are pretty quality too from what i can tell.. hitachi hardrive etc, and it's extremely quiet. i've never owned a dell before though so i'm not speaking from experience obviously, and building my own computer would have resulted in some higher quality parts i'm sure, but i couldn't pass up the deal. maybe i'll take my words back in a year.. but so far i'm quite pleased.

Back