MY delta 1010 problem

SillySillyStacy

Ok From the help on this board I learned about the M audio control panel and how to use it. I also learned to go to (on my computer)
Start>control panel>sounds>audioTab and selected 1/2 as I was advised.
I then try and play something on the computer (mp3-CD) and it doesnt play back through 1/2. I have taken it further and checked and it only plays back in 6 & 7/8
Not even 5.. just 6.
I changed and tried all the options in the control panel>sound>audio including multi which I was already told that wasnt what i needed anyway....
I have the 8 sends on the interface into 8 in's on the board. I made sure all the channels were mirrored and didnt have something pushed on one that wasnt pushed or tweaked on another.
I have tried to flip the cables and the cable seems fine as all ends work.
ANY HELP OR IDEA'S???

Thanks
Stacy

What have you got in the Delta control panel patchbay and mixer tabs?
On the patchbay, you'll notice you can switch the output 1/2 to different sources. If this is on monitor mix, what comes out of 1/2 will depend on the levels, pans and mutes of the mixer tab. To get output channel 1/2 to actually reach the hardware output 1/2, you need WaveOut 1/2 bulleted for H/W out 1/2 on the patchbay tab.

I do have the WavOut (1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8) bullets checked

I can hear it the signal barely when I turn up the amp and the gain control on the mixer and the fader when it is on 1/2 3/4 5 or multi
I hear it with a GREAT signal when I change it to 7/8 or even 6
I have tried 1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8 and multi and even the soundcard option it has.

I have taken all reverbs and compressors, etc etc off the chain and it doesnt change

When I check what the M audio recieves signal-wise, I can see them all fin. They are assigmable and everything.

And I can see the signals on the control panel playing through 1/2 when I play a MP3 from the computer. They are full signals

Any idea's? It is a rainy day in Pa and this is my focus today LOL

When your on the M-audio control panel just make sure the mute buttons are off and but set to solo and also slide you sliders to the top. It may be muted that way.

I'm having the same freakin' problem! No sound coming out of my monitors...not even sure where to begin on fixing this... :(

Below is what my properties look like...is everything supposed to be grey-ed out on the first screen shot?

Last edited:
Thats odd... On your pic titles panel1, you have signal through WavOut 1/2.
The only places I get signals is when I scroll to the right and I get signals in the hardware part titles H/W out 1.2 3/4 etc etc

I did notice you dont have all your faders "up" I have all mine up.

I still havent gotten a solution for my prob :(

SillySillyStacy,
My m audio control panel doesn't have HW out, but it does have HW in. Is this what you mean?

MyriadRocker,
The other day, I turned my computer on, and sound was only coming out the right speaker. After looking at the control panels, and finding nothing, I check the windows mixer thingie and the balance was moved to the right. Funny thing is, I NEVER mess with that mixer! Anyway, have you checked the windows mixer to see if maybe one or more if the faders is turned down? Oh, and on my sounds/audio devices properties, everything is greyed out just like yours. looks right to me.

I'm screwing around with my settings here to see if i can recreate what is happening to both of you. i hope we can fix it somehow.

yes MrBoogie... H/W in my eyes are getting weary looking at this so much I wrote that wrong.

ok when I play an mp3 on my puter with the settings set to "multi" , I do see a signal (I take it it is the output signal) on the signal meters in 1/2
But nothing to my mixer. I even tried different cables. So it seems like it is outputting but getting lost somewhere???

from the "sounds and audio devices properties" window, click on the audio tab. then click the volume button. Check the faders. Sometimes these change for no apparent reason.

It is in "grey" and I cant adjust it.
The volume is over the word low and i cant move it to High? Is that right?
It still plays the MP3's on the puter with it like that but still only through 6 7/8

That's odd.

At the bottom of the window, it shows which device the mixer represents. On mine, it is showing "M-Audio Delta 1010 Multi" right now (and I am able to adjust it). What does yours show?

Also, if you go into Options, and then Properties, you can choose different Mixer Devices, Like "1010 multi", "1010 1/2", "1010 3/4", etc. Check all of those and see if you can adjust them

I just realized, it sounds like you're describing the "Volume" tab. If so, you need to click on the "Audio" tab. On that window, there is a "volume" button. You need to click that to bring up the mixer.

Under the audio tab I can adjust the volume and had them all the way up.
Under the soundplayback drop down menu I can change to whatever pair I want or multi.
Only 7/8 is working along with 6

Hmm. I didn't quite understand your original post clearly. Could you explain how you have your breakout box wired? It sounds like you have each output from the 1010 going into a channel on a mixer. Is that right? What is plugged into the inputs of your 1010?

Have you tried plugging your 1010's 1/2 outputs directly to your amp...this might tell us if the problem is with your mixer. (if you do this, you might want to lower the control panel volume a bit)

One thing you could try is to un-install the M-audio driver and then re-install it. Also, make sure you have the latest driver for your OS.

Back