MY delta 1010 problem

I have my 8 buss's out into the 8 1/4" ins on the breakout box
I have the 8 1/4" outs going to 8 seperate channels on the board.
I have set it up to 7/8 which I know works. I then switched the snake so that 7/8 now goes into where I had 1/2. It worked fine I then took and reversed the cables in the working channel and put it back to 1/2 and it still didnt work even tho I can see the signal on the M audio control panel.

Recording from a radio shack mic into a boom box is looking pretty good about now LOL

SillySillyStacy said:
Recording from a radio shack mic into a boom box is looking pretty good about now LOL

LOL!! I know what you mean. I keep my old cassette 4-track around just in case. Haven't used it since around '98 or so, but can't seem to let go of it.

Well I am going to uninstall my drivers in the morn and download the latest version of the drivers and see if that helps. If anyone has a brainstorm, or even an idea, please helpppppppppppppppp LOL
Thanks

Some programs mess with the Delta panel - there's a check box to stop them "Disable apps access control panel" or something - should be checked. Cubase for instance, is known to screw the settings which is why this option is provided.

Never let Windows use a "pro" soundcard is my advice. Deselect the card in Windows Sounds/ audio properties. I keep the onboard ac97 of my studio pc enabled for Windows sounds to play through. Windows Media Player can still be told to playback using a stereo channel of your Delta card from its Tools/options/devices menu (the speaker icon).

Myriad rockers screenshots look spot on to me.
If telling Windows to use the 1010 1/2 for playback isn't happening, then I suspect a hardware fault, perhaps with the umbilical cable to the rack box. The delta mixer works on the digital signals on the pci card, so waveout 1/2 can show signal without it reaching the analog output in the rack if there's a fault.

Good morning to all!

Ok I was very ambitious this a.m and un did the whole breakout box from the rack and the computer. I flipped the snakes so that 8 is now 1 and 7 is now 2 etc etc......
My cables are ok. I can still use 6 & 7/8 as out puts but only when I direct it to from windows control panel.
All my mutes are off.
The signal from 7/8 and 6 is VERY strong. I still cannot use 1-5 as outs.
I recorded a track on cubase and can also use 6 & 7/8 out's as bus's.
All of my in's work fine.
I dont have another 12 foot cable like that came with it so I couldnt try and see if that was the problem.

So maybe it does come down to hardware which now scares me since this is a new unit. What has been peoples best way to handle this? Call M-audio? The web-site? Do they have banker hours?
This wasnt the way I wanted the weekend to start thats for sure.

If you bought it recently isn't it the dealers problem? I think you've done all you can do to prove you don't have a setup-user problem!
However, from past posts I've seen M-audio support are quite good at handling hardware problems. The business of the rack power light not coming on or going out mid session has been reported before (though it doesn't seem to like the machine going into suspend/sleep modes, but that's possibly an o/s problem) and that can be a hardware fault with the rack.

Well I just wanted to update......

I spoke at length with M audio tech support today. I waited awhile on hold but the guy that came on was very nice and patient and helpfull.
It was determined the breakout box might have probs. I guess it cant be the card since he never mentioned it. I got an RA number and an addy to send it into and that guy was just as nice as the first and I could feel him cringe when he told me it would be 3 - 3 1/2 weeks after they get it that it gets looked at. Then shipped back. Guess who pays to ship it out there?
So I guess I wont be doing much recording anytime soon. Maybe I can keep learning by reading but this is really a bummer.

So for all those who tried to help me, thanks you and at least we know it wasnt me screwing it up LOL

Thanks again
Stacy

Without knowing how this issue finally resolved itself - if it ever did - I can state that it is not a soundcard problem with the 1010 breakout box or otherwise.

I currently have the same problem of no playback in Cubase, and only for analog tracks. MIDI plays just fine. I have a 1010 and also a Audiophile 192, so I enabled the 192 and tried playback on that card...nothing. The 192 was recently bought brand new, so the odds of a problem on two different cards are pretty slim.

I also spent almost an hour on the phone with Cuabse tech support and the rep couldn't figure it out, said he would have to escalate to Germany.

I'm truly stumped now.

This might be a little late but:

Why not just try the 1010 on another computer?
Change the PCI slot of the 1010 in the computer?
Does the onboard/original soundcard work?
Try different driver versions?
Try different audio software?
Try different cables?

The first thing I do when I suspect a hardware problem is try the hardware in another computer. This is probably the ultimate test. It is rather annoying to do but it does save you a month and a shipping fee if it turns out to be a software problem.

Good luck :)

PS: Sorry, didn't realize that the date of the post was in April and someone else posted in june :P

Last edited:
I have a 10/10.....

I only use 1&2 for "outs" from my software....

I route the signals "in" through a mixer and loop it back through the mixer as 1&2 into 13 & 14 on my mixer "ins"....that signal goes to the main outs...no problems...

Do you have your recording software "outs" set to 1&2?

give it a try...

reilley2 said:
Without knowing how this issue finally resolved itself - if it ever did - I can state that it is not a soundcard problem with the 1010 breakout box or otherwise.

Well, I had tried the card and box on another computer and it did the same thing. I took it to the dealer and yes, the breakout box is defective!
It was replaced and the new one works great!! (knock wood)
The one thing to keep in mind when you have a problem with a piece of equip is that while you may spend lots of time troubleshooting, you are spending that same exact amount of time learning about the unit if you didn't already know it well.....
I see the glass as 1/2 full LOL

Thanks for all the help and input.
Stacy

SillyStacy,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you figure out the problem, but I'm glad you got a working unit!

SillySillyStacy said:
...The one thing to keep in mind when you have a problem with a piece of equip is that while you may spend lots of time troubleshooting, you are spending that same exact amount of time learning about the unit if you didn't already know it well.....

That's for sure! I learned a bit about mine when i was trying to help you. I also figured out the best way to power up my system so that everything comes up working the first time. I turn my computer on first, then wait a couple or so seconds, then power on my audio gear.

MrBoogie

Back