Must restart Reaper for playback after recording

gehauser

Hey all:

I have been using Reaper with Emu 0404 USB for recording (simple stuff, 1-2 mics on guitar and vox) and recording goes fine. However, I have noticed that after I record, sometimes when I playback the recording I get no sound. I have found that if I close then reopen Reaper, this is always fixed and I hear playback just fine. This happens on maybe 10-20% of the playbacks I try after recording.

Any one else notice this? Any thoughts on this? Am I doing something inadvertent during recording to disable playback such that I need a Reaper restart to fix it?

Thanks!

Weird. Is it maybe an interface problem?

Sometimes when I misconfigure my interface, Reaper will say it's playing but just sit there without scrolling or making noise.

I use an Emu 0202 and sometimes when doing something else not necessarily recording based but using another form of audio like a game, I will have to restart later because the Emu will turn itself off.
Maybe it is a driver thing, an incompatible match, but, it is random and not often, maybe once a fortnight or so.

I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with the USB drivers for the 0202, Because my 0404 PCI works flawlessly with reaper. I'd hit Google, and also check the Reaper.fm forums.

Back