Music Video production- Media Player??

kmarvinmusic

I'm learning how to edit music vids. I use Windows Media Player 2. As I do my editing, the music sounds great. But, when I burn the dvd (using Sonic My DVD) the music comes out slightly distorted/compressed.

Any ideas?
Thanks

First off, its Windows Movie Maker 2.

Second, what format is your audio in to begin with?? MP3s can get distorted when being converted to the PCM or AC3 format used with DVDs. What format is the video? WMV? You should be encoding either DV AVI files or MPEG2 files for DVD authoring.

Third, get an integrated product that edits video and burns the DVD like Adobe Premiere Elements ($99). WMM sucks.

You should be encoding either DV AVI files or MPEG2 files for DVD authoring.

Movie Maker- gotcha...

As far as my source of music file, I use music match, and media player- ripping from a cd. How can I make it an AVI or mpeg2 file?

Thanks much.

ps I just bought PINNACLE at Best Buy.

ps I just bought PINNACLE at Best Buy.

Take it back and exchange it for Adobe Premiere Elements - seriously!

Pinnacle Studio is bug ridden and extremely unstable. Version 9 is 10x worse than 8 was.

Spend some time in the Studio 9 user forums on the Pinnacle website and you'll see what I'm talking about.

brzilian said:
Take it back and exchange it for Adobe Premiere Elements - seriously!

Pinnacle Studio is bug ridden and extremely unstable. Version 9 is 10x worse than 8 was.

Spend some time in the Studio 9 user forums on the Pinnacle website and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Oh great... what a pisser. Wish I had read your post first.

Please explain...

Second, what format is your audio in to begin with?? MP3s can get distorted when being converted to the PCM or AC3 format used with DVDs. What format is the video? WMV? You should be encoding either DV AVI files or MPEG2 files for DVD authoring.

How do I encode to DV AVI or MPEG2? What's the difference between those 2 and music match or windows media ripping?

thanks

kmarvinmusic said:
I've only used my sony still camera, in movie mode. I will also try a sony digital 8. My music track is direct from a cd.

Still camera video is highly compressed and only a quarter of the resolution needed for DVD.

No matter what you do, you will run into issues and get poor results.

kmarvinmusic said:

How do I encode to DV AVI or MPEG2? What's the difference between those 2 and music match or windows media ripping?

thanks

DV AVI - less compressed video codec; used by miniDV camcorders; easliy editable. Audio is PCM 16bit/48kHz.
MPEG2 - more compressed; all DVD's are encoded in MPEG2; not easily editable because of compression used (temporal compression). Audio uses either PCM or AC-3 compression (16bit/44.1kHz).

Any video editor/DVD authoring tool exports these formats.

brzilian said:
Still camera video is highly compressed and only a quarter of the resolution needed for DVD.

No matter what you do, you will run into issues and get poor results.

Oh yea, I realize the resolution with the still camera isn't good. But I like that "effect" in certain situations.

Back