multitrack recording

sparky123

purchased an a&h mixwizard3.... looking to do multi track recordings with overdubs after basic tracks. is there any device out there ( no computer s) that'll do the job? best thing I found so far is the cymatic 16lv, but not sure if this device can do that without going to a mac or pc after initial recording.... to edit and do overdubs..

Hey sparky! read the sticky threads at the top of the newbies section of this forum before buying anything more.

what's that supposed to mean? just looking for a little help here. so, would you suggest I ask this question in the newbie section?

what's that supposed to mean? just looking for a little help here. so, would you suggest I ask this question in the newbie section?

It's supposed to mean what it says. Chill.

I'm asking what a "cymatic 16lv" is because if I google it, I get nothing, except this thread and some vague references to a band of the same name.

Some threads are like sticky notes (Post-it notes) in that they're attached by the moderators to the top of a sub-forum so it's easy to learn everything you should know before posting.

Alesis, Tascam, Fostex and others make standalone hard disk recorders that you use with a separate mixer. You didn't specify anything so you can include the obsolete digital tape systems (ADAT, DTRS etc.) and may analog multitrack tape recorders.

Back