MOTU er.. umm...

James HE

a spoonfull weighs a ton
MOTU is cross platform. yes? But is their sofware, Audiodesk?

"The core 2408mkII system includes a PCI card (the PCI-324), a rack space I/O unit (the 2408mkII I/O), a 12-foot cable to connect them, software drivers for both Mac OS and Windows, and a complete audio workstation software package for Mac OS called AudioDesk."

(from MOTU's website)

So, PC users have to use a third party multi track program? I had thought that MOTU cards were propritary, in that they worked exclusivly with their software, Guess not.
is it or isn't it? set me straight... :)

-jhe

also...

the 24i has 24 analog in and 2 out. Is there any "mixing" is DSP? latency? or is the box simply an analog mixer, in that the signals are bussed to stereo. It seems that most cards have an equal number of in/out so that you can monitor what was going into the card.

-jhe

The Audiodesk software is for Mac only. The MOTU is basicly a sound card with 8 analog ins and outs, 3 sets of ADAT and TDIF (24 channels in 3 groups of 8)ins and outs and S/PDIF in and out. I have the mkII and love it lots. You need something like Cakewalk, Vegas or Cubase or the like to record into and edit. It has no DSP as far as mixing or processing goes.

Back