MOTU 828 vs Metric Halo Mobile I/O 2882

Divine

The Ultimate
I have been comparing these two units and have been able to see that the Metric Halo is better then the MOTU 828 on paper, but I want to see if anyone has any real world experiences with both to give a comparision.
I am using an imac so I am basicly stuck with a limited choices selection. I just want to see if the Metric Halo is worth the extra 500+ dollars I would have to spend on it over the MOTU 828 unit. The only advantage I see with the MOTU 828 is that it will have much better support since its becoming a popular unit and the lower price ($650 used).

Please share your ideas and experiences.

Thanks

I have not checked out the Metric Halo Mobile. The motu looks fine and worth the money. If you computer has pcmcia i would advise you to check out rme hammerfall dsp. This looks like a great product. I too am confused. all of a sudden there are too many products on the market. The problem is that it seems like no body has tested any of them.

TrutH

I feel yah man, and to make matters more interesting MOTU is about to release the 896 which is firewire. This is all probally a trend to make recording on computers a snap. Also helps with portability.

Back