motu 626 mkii

Altaire

so i think im set on getting a motu 626, but im looking at the ones on ebay and the older version of it the sampling rates dont go up to 96k, they do like 48 i think. is that gonna be a problem? should i try and get the one that came out this year? I dont fuly understand what the sampling rate is anyway.

whats the difference between bits and the frequency? like should i set everything as high as possible or does that really just waste memory, im trying to understand all this

i think you meant motu 828.

i want one of these at some stage, but would rather get a new mk II. the preamps and convertors are supposed to be much better on the newer version.

the newer version goes up to 96k. i don't think that is a deal breaker anyway. if you record at 44.1k in 24 bit on a good interface you should get acceptable results. as you said, it costs performance to record and playback at a higher rate (cpu etc).

if i were you, i would go for the mk II. you can get them on ebay also, but i think they go for very close to their original price.

Back