motu 2408 installation problems.

kristian

i finally got around to install my 2408 mki that i bought used so i can transfer my ADAT tracks. I am using win2k and i have a Abit SE6 mobo, it has 7 PCI slots and im running a FCPGA p3-733. after installing the MOTU i only have one more left. I have a modem in one of the slots, that i can take out if anyone recommends just trying to find a slot that works. But that doesn't seem to be the problem.

When trying to open the cuemix console
i get "Assertion (!Failed()) failed in "Iodevice.cpp" on line 35" and when i try to open the console i get "An error occured in the PCI 324 driver: The PCI 324 driver was not found (18)".

I go into the Device Manager in windows, it says the driver aren't installed correctly, but i don't have any way of installing the drivers other then through MOTU's setup.exe that i downloaded. I can't just manually assign it new drivers via the old fashion way.

Has anyone had this problem and have a solution for it? should i just try flipping the PCI slots around, maybe take out the modem and see if that slot works?

ok i solved my first problem. What i did was uninstall my delta soundcard, then restarted and it allowed my to reinstall the MOTU and that worked, then i installed the delta. but now i have this problem where i can only select Stereo, Left, or Right from the record arming in Vegas Audio(picture attached). I'm sure this is familiar as this is what happened when MAudio didn't support WDM. what is going on? I want to use the MOTU, but it seems to be throwing the rest of my system out of whack.

Attachments

• weird-va.jpg
    weird-va.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 48
alright this is evil. i knew the day would come where all hell would break loose. I disabled the delta card so i could try only using the MOTU. and in sound forge i set it to record 24/48 since the ADAT tapes i have are 20/48. But its says that the MOTU PCI 324 cannot support 24/48. Anyway, im going to get reading on the sonic foundry forums and FAQs as the MOTU website is kinda shite.

any help?

what I've learned from my 2408 MKII dilemma

when un-installing, eleviate --ALL-- PCI-324 info from the puter
take out the PCI-324 from puter, and re-install --SHUT DOWN
place in PCI-324 card and take it from there.

From DEVICE MANAGER, set to 48 or 44.1, It might be set at 44.1
automatically. If you have a DISTRIBUTOR of SYNC : Aardsync, BRC etc... whatever, you could possibly use that to get 24/48
ya know.

So take it slow, take your time, and be patient.
I dont think you want to make an investment and ruin it all in one swift kick in the HARDDRIVE, you'll regret it when you find out how easy the problem could have been rectified.

Happy trails buddy

ok slight bump to top, but i have most problems solved.

Ok, i uninstalled both my soundcards, then installed the motu first, then the delta. and it seemed to work. in order to get access to all ADAT banks on the 2408 i have to disable the delta as they run on different drivers i have found. BUT here is my new problem. I'm trying to dump my 16 tracks to the computer, and thats all good. on the ADAT its 20/48, and im trying to import them as 24/48. I get this constant distortion quantization sound above each individual track. Its constant and louder than the sound of the track. It has to be something to do with the movement from 20 to 24 bits.

any ideas on this one?

I don't think it has anything to do with 20 bits into 24 as there's no truncating going on. I routinly make the same transfer from 20 bit ADATs into the MOTU recording at 24 bits with no artifacts of any kind. What do you have set as the clock master when you're making transfers?

ok, its a simple adding of 4 bits of nothing to the end of the file. I have the clock set to "PCI-324: ADAT". Thats what i read i should have it set to.

i attached another photo. these are the only choices i have to sleect for clock. So i think its on the right one, since i have the 9-pin ADAT sync going into the back of the PCI324 card. or should i choose one of the "2408 Bank A Optical" choices? I don't have the ADATs in here to check right now, thats why im asking instead of testing :)

Attachments

• clocksource.jpg
    clocksource.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 47
still not working.

i tried the bank A optical for the clock and that didn't work either. it still makes the same noise. here is a sample.

try disconnecting the adat sync cable,i only used mine once years ago and it distorted badly.bankA optical is the correct setting for clock source.

after a couple days im FINALLY getting to some sort of answer, and so far its not a good one! I can get everything working great at 16 bits with the sync cable connected AND the clock source as either PCI ADAT or Bank A Optical. Its when i try to record 24 bit when the shit hits the fan. I'm not the only person with this problem. A lot of people over at the sonic foundry forums have the same problems. But no one will address it, MOTU nor Sonic Foundry. It seems like a driver problem.

Back