more tracks

tbone36109

im looking to expand the number of tracks to my studio. Something along the lines of the firepod would be good but I hate having to push my budget that much. I need tracks, about 8, and sound quality and I was wondering if there is anything that could compare without costing as much. I don't need midi or anything just audio. Thanks

and interface will work just so long as i can use it with a computer(firewire pci whatever) and my budget around the same price of the firepod, MAYBE. I'm trying to spend as little as possible cause the thing is, I have the money... I just really shouldn't spend it haha.

I think the firepod is the cheapest solution out there at $600.00. If you were to look at some other options, most of them still requier that you have a mixer or preamps.

well preamps i got enough lieing around to work for the time being and i could deal with 16 bit instead of 24 but i just really need more simultaneous track and i dont have room in my tower just to put a stack of soundcards
(eh ignore spelling and grammer in that one id fix it but i have my last day of highschool tommarow and ive lost care for corrections for the time being haha)

tbone36109 said:
is it 2xlr and 6 stereo(left and right rca) or is it a total of 2 xlr and 6 rca(3left and 3right)

6 rca. so yeah, 3 red, 3 white.
You don't need to think of them as left and right though, if you didn't already know. They're independent of each other.

anyone try the Terratec Phase 88 Rack Soundcard ive found them pretty cheap in a few places. And just wondering how they sound and says they have gain controls on all channels, is it just suposed to be volume or are there preamps(i know there wouldnt be phantom power) that can run dynamic mics

Back