Minidisc to CD through computer (question)

S2Kguy

OK guys, this is my first post and it'll be tell-tale. Forgive me if this has been covered (no luck with the search feature) or I sound like I'm computer illeterate ('cause I am). I need a little help converting my minidisc recordings from the Sony MD Walkman I have to the CD burner in my computer. I have a DELL computer and a standard 16X writer with Santa Cruz soundcard.

I am told that I can't go directly from the player to the burner, and that I have to burn the songs to my hard-drive first. I purchased a plug that goes from my line-out of my MD to the line-n on the computer (duh, sorry, I know I sound 15...lol). When I plug it in I get no sound (probably a good reason, I just can't figure out why). I tried to use the Windows Sound Recorder as was suggested to me (I have Windows ME) but it just confused me even more.

Anyone want to take a stab at helping me?

Please?

Incidently, I'm trying to burn bootlegs of shows I've been to, so if you feel strongly against such things you're relieved...I understand. This is truly for personal pleasure only, I'd never sell said recordings, and I only have a few shows anyway. A friend showed me how to use the headphones as a mic. I just keep still and quiet and keep the record level up and it comes out sounding excellent, if a little thin.

Anyway, thanks again for any input from anyone...

Andrew

Thanks SPIN, but I only bootleg for myself, it gives me a way to enjoy that time over and over sort of like a picture, you have pictures don't you?

Thanks again.

Andrew

Back