MIDI output in pro tools

Schaddaddy

So i have a usb audio interface (avid fast track solo) and i have a usb midi that i put in the usb port (obviously). I have my headphones in my audio interface, but the midi isn't plugged in to the interface it is connected directly to my computer. I can record, however, it thinks the usb port midi is an interface and all the sound goes there so i cant hear it in my actual interface. I tried adjusting the output for the midi but im not really sure if u can/ how u do it. any help would be appreciated :thumbs up:

Hi,
What is the brand and model of the USB device?
Since you said "all the sound goes there", I'm guessing it's an audio interface unto itself.

Hi,
What is the brand and model of the USB device?
Since you said "all the sound goes there", I'm guessing it's an audio interface unto itself.

its a cheap "spectrum" keyboard. Ya it is. I get midi sound block things or whatever haha. I just want the output to be in my main interface.

its a cheap "spectrum" keyboard. Ya it is. I get midi sound block things or whatever haha. I just want the output to be in my main interface.

Are you trying to record the sound it makes or the midi data that it puts out. What is the specific model and brand?

Since it has audio interface capabilities, you'll want to go to Setup/IO and remind Protools which interface you actually want to use...That's the maudio.
Test playback and input (not midi) to make sure you're back where you should be, audio wise.

Back