MG10/2 with 1010LT -- Setup suggestions?

Alexbt

Hi all,

I just purchased a Yamaha MG10/2 to use with my Delta 1010LT. I'm curious as to how other have it set up. what I've noticed is that the first two preamps have insert jacks, which in the past is what I have used to patch to the Delta.

The board does, however, have other outputs.

Stereo Out, C-R Out, and then Aux Outs.

The Stereo Out and C-R (+4dbu) Out are identical, though the C-R out is much louder than the ST out.
The Aux Outs claim to be +4dbu also, but they do not output at the same volume as the C-R outs.

So far, what I have set up:
(Delta Numbering)

In 1: Blank
In 2: Blank
In 3: MG Insert 1
In 4: MG Insert 2
In 5: MG C-R Out L
In 6: MG C-R Our R
In 7: MG Aux 1
In 8: MG Aux 2

This setup seems to be the only way to make use of all 6 outputs. I am leaving the first two channels of the Delta open, as they can take dynamic XLR mics.

EDIT: I just read in the book that the insert jacks are reversed phased. I did not know about this, but when I plugged a mic in to 1 on the mixer, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I'm still learning about phasing, and I know it is possible to make cables to reverse phasing...

Last edited:
The ST outs are not as hot, level wise.

Besides, I've got plenty of outputs on the Delta card--why should I drive monitors off the board when that will only double things up?

I don't see how that setup would be very useful to you. Get a mixer with TRS send\recieves on every channel, or at least 8 of them. That's the way I am using my Soundtech mixer now. It has 16 seperate channels, and each one has it's own TRS send\receive.
Unless I am not understanding what you are doing, but if you take the main outs of the board, you are just catching the channels you already had plus others in a mix you can't work seperately with?

This occured to me, but perhaps if I leave the faders down, I shouldn't have a problem.
And if I can't use 6 channels, that's fine. As long as I have 4 that's perfect for what I'm doing now. Any line level devices can go into the Delta. I plan to buy some seperate preamps later anyhow.

I didn't buy a larger mixer because I can't afford it right now. The MG10/2 is highly recommended on this board and hopefully it will be fine.

I will never buy a Behringer product after visiting this board for almost a year. I am scared to death of the board conking out on me, besides the fact that Behringer preamps are very bland.

Back