MBox + Windows XP SP2 problems -- (Code 10)

something cool

Alright, so I went out and bought an MBox the other day so I could work on Pro Tools sessions at home, and for that purpose, I couldn't be happier.

That being said, there's all sorts of other cool things I like to do on my computer, including watching videos, listening to mp3s, and generally doing all sorts of things that produce sound that I'd like to hear. Here's where the problem is.

I can't get Windows (or any other program besides Pro Tools, for that matter) to recognize the MBox as a suitable hardware device for audio playback. Pro Tools LE comes with an ASIO driver and WaveDriver which both install by default in version 6.4 and are intended to let you use the MBox as a playback device for third-party audio applications (e.g. Digital Performer, Cubase ... Windows). I have both drivers installed, but when I go into the Sounds and Audio Devices control panel, the MBox doesn't appear as an option for sound playback, or anything else. It does show up under the Hardware tab, though. The properties say that the device is working properly, though when I try to update the driver (just to see if it fixes anything), the message changed to a Code 10 error (The device cannot start.) Hmm..

Just to make sure it wasn't just Windows being Windows, I opened up Sonar 3.0 to see if I could select the MBox as my audio device, but no luck. The drivers don't show up at all. As far as I can tell, Digidesign doesn't have a stand-alone installer for the WaveDriver or ASIO drivers for PTLE 6.4 or above, and reinstalling the software (and the drivers) doesn't work.

Has anyone here heard of this, or have any ideas about how to fix it? I'm going to shoot off an e-mail to Digidesign in the meantime, but hopefully someone here can help (I'm not too confident in Digi's support, especially for Windows issues). It's really annoying to not be able to listen to my Windows sounds through the MBox!

Thanks Brett, I guess I'll have to try the CS update and see if it helps ... <sarcasm>Gee, I never thought I would have problems running Pro Tools under Windows!</sarcasm> ... maybe they'll fix it within a few years. :rolleyes:

Usb Audio Quattro

Sorry If This Is Totally Unrelated-----i Think I Have A Similar Problem------fairly New At Home Recording-----trying To Monitor Prior Tracks While Recording New Track------it Seems Windows Won't Let Usb Audio Quattro Work As A 4-in 4-out Device-----any Advice Would Be Greatly Appreciated---thanks

Back