MAudio 2496 sound card config.

dnelsonward

The MAudio 2496 sound card has been a go-to work horse for ages, however it was discontinued.
Occasionally the show up on Ebay however, a word of warning.
The 2496 as originally introduced for a generation of PC's that featured 810. 845, 850 chip sets which supported what are known as 5V PCI cards. These can be identified having the keyway at the tail end of the card.
Any new mother board with Intel / AMD chip sets will only support what are know as 3.3 PCI or universal.
MAudio redesigned the 2496 card to meet the new 3.3 standard. The revised card has the keyway about half inch from the header end of the card.
My DAW consists of MSI Z77A Intel chip set MB, Pentium I5 processor 4 gigs ram running XP professional.
So far nothing has stalled it. Edits and processes whole sides of vinyl restorations in seconds.
I hope this heads up on the MAudio 2496 card is helpful. Always ask for actual picture of any 2496 card you are buying on line. The "old 5V" cards show up most often.
d nelson ward/ Bright Sound Productions

I never had any problems at all with my old m-audio delta 192 card, it was incredible actually, never failed once in 10 years, only upgraded because AD/DA conversion has improved so much since then to an audient iD22 last year.

I used a 24/96 in the first recording rig I built. I probably still have it in a box somewhere. I phased it out when I upgraded to a rig with more inputs.

Back