Mastering software??? Help me out!

fenix

Okay, I'm not sure if there's software out there for this, but here's what I want to do.

I want to take my burned master CDR, extract it to .wav and then I want to Compress, limit, eq, normalize, crop, etc. and then save it as a .wav file and then burn it to a CDR as the FINAL MASTERED CDR. Is there software for this, so I don't have to buy a finalizer? I want to do this on computer. Can you guys recommend me some software for this?

Thanks!

lord, what a loaded question....:) here's a few:

cooledit pro
soundforge
wavelab
T-racks
Izotope/Ozone - one of those is the company, the other the software, I get em mixed up
Waves - not really a standalone app, but a set of plugins

there's more, but these seem to be the most talked about...

>>Which one is most idiot proof?

based on that criteria alone (and I'm not gonna be dragged into a flamewar over this, I'm just not) I would recommend T-racks...nice sounding presets, very simple to operate, clean sounding (to my non-pro ears) effects.

Keep in mind, though, these aren't 30 dollar apps or plugs...yer looking at several hundred dollars here....not sure how much a hardware finalizer is...if yer looking fer free stuff, give me some idea of the specific effects and I'll try to find free ones for you...they won't sound as good, but hey, they're free, and a few are actually pretty good..

Im looking at ozone right now actually. It looks pretty good. Lots of room to tweak. Of course, with a price. Looks like a little bit of a learning curve plus quite a few bucks to shell out to get the actual version.

>>if yer looking fer free stuff, give me some idea of the specific effects and I'll try to find free ones for you

perhaps I should clarify...freeware plugs I'll help you find, cracked versions of the above I will not:)

Back