Maschine as Stand alone in Ableton Live 9

Funktion Key

I am running NI Maschine in stand alone mode.

Ableton is receiving midi clock from Maschine that works ok. I am using LoopBe for virtual midi cable.

I added a midi track receiving midi from LoopBe and selected a midi channel. I can see activity on the midi channel and the track is clearly receiving midi from LoopBe (maschine).

I am stuck there, I don't know how to output it.

The dude is this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmU6Yl2cg7U) has a "midi from" field and a "audio to" field on the same midi track. Somehow I don't get that setting, I get "midi from" and "midi to" only :( ..When I click on the drop down menu I only get midi devices.

In other word, I receive midi but cant output it.

Help please!! :)

Thanks in advance

If I get what you are saying, you are feeding MIDI from one track to another track with a VSTi? You have to make sure that the target track receives (you have to select that in the target track) the signal from that source track. I did a search and I think this tells what you want:

Have your midi coming in to the one track, give it a name (Let's call it "Steve"). Set up additional midi tracks with whichever VSTs you want, set the input to "Auto", and select "Steve" from the drop down input menu. Have empty midi clips looping with overdub in each channel, then switch between arming whichever tracks you want, playing in to the clip, then switch the arm to the next track - first track keeps looping what you've put in, you can now start playing in to track 2 and repeat as necessary.

If I get what you are saying, you are feeding MIDI from one track to another track with a VSTi? You have to make sure that the target track receives (you have to select that in the target track) the signal from that source track. I did a search and I think this tells what you want:

Maschine is running as stand alone and not as vst. LoopBe is the midi out (virtual midi cable between maschine and ableton as shown on the youtube vid). The dude has "midi from" AND "audio to" on the same track. How come? I only get "midi from" and "midi to".

Here is the title of the video: Native Instruments Maschine triggering VSTs in Ableton Live

So Native is being used as a controller. Unless there is a VSTi in the track you trying to trigger, you are not going to get a sound.

Here is the title of the video: Native Instruments Maschine triggering VSTs in Ableton Live

So Native is being used as a controller. Unless there is a VSTi in the track you trying to trigger, you are not going to get a sound.

I see, but that still don't explain how come the dude in the video can "midi from (LoopBe)" and "audio to (master)" and the same track. I get "midi from" and "audio to" only.

Back