Mackie Onyx 1620 channel inserts , recording outs(db25) firewire outdated

Badmongo88

hei so i have a mackie onyx firewire mixer. and firewire is gone and i'm currently using my old worn out crap laptop cos it's the only one with firewire on it. but i want to get a usb interface to use with my new computer and have been looking at the Motu track 16. where i can use the channel inserts on my mixer and connect the motu through there. but that is starting to cost a little. and was wondering if there are any audio interfaces that maybe employ the db25...i know there are a few expensive ones but i need one in a cheaper price range.or is it possible with getting a cable from db25 to adat? and using that on an interface with adat lightpipe? any suggestion or alternatives...cos the firewire option just wont doo and one barely gets any money for those devices. and i do like my mackie and would like continue using it.

SO HOPE THERE IS ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME. have been googling but don't feel all that wiser and it's hard to tell what interfaces have what options.

REGARDS

How many channels of audio do you want to get into your daw at the same time?
What is your budget?

It takes more than a cable to go from analog DB25 to ADAT. One is analog signal transmitted electrically and the other is digital signal transmitted optically.

But you can connect the DB25s to any interface with 16 line inputs with the appropriate DB25-TRS or DB25-XLR cables.

Back