Mackie HUI and PRO-TOOLS

mastahnke

Linux Man...
I was in a studio down in nashville a couple weeks ago and got to use a Mackie HUI to automate Pro-tools. Wow was it cool. I was curious if anyone on the boards here has used a HUI(Human User Interface) with Pro-tools or any other software. They go for about 3000 and are digital, but only have 2 preamps. I am seriously considering getting one of them. Does anyone know any other ways to automate computer recording using REAL knobs and Faders? I am trying to find out the most information I can about the Mackie HUI. So, if anyone has yay or nay, let me know.
MIKE

What pro tools are you using? mix24 or like le. I thought good idea but trimmed down to make it affordable. If you wanted a really nice control unit try the control 24. I belive it has 16 pre's and much more options. If you're serious about it and have the mix24 set up, you had to drop at least 10 grand for the software, I say save up some cash and get the control 24 lists at $7995 so for that you get quite abit more. You can check it out on digi's web site

Thanks for the reply.
I have seen those, and while they look nice, they are a bit too much money for the time being. Mostly, my machine is used for vocal takes and a some song writers use it from time to time. I don't have PTLE or Mix 24 yet. I know I need 10 grand to get the software, and I am saving to have that put aside. I am just curious about the pros and cons of HUI vs digidesign's model, as well as if any other software the HUI can control...like Cakewalk, CEP, Cubase, or anyhting.
MIKE

you might want to look into PARIS. it is just as pro as protools, sounds just as good, but costs $6000 less for the full blown package with control surface.

me, I would not trade anything for my mouse really. just too powerful

Back