Mackie HUI...

thajeremy

registered abuser
I have been looking for a control surface for some time.....We all know there are a ton out there, but a couple that I have eyed for some time are the Mackie HUI, and Mackie MCU. Not real sure of the differance but I finally found the HUI on ebay at what I considered a really good price....here is a link to the listing....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260181958325&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016

The unit should be here next week....

Anyway...on to my question...I am looking to hear from people who have one of these or who have used one...I was under the impression that these were just control surfaces but the pictures in the ad show 3 XLR inputs and several 1/4" inputs on the back....is this an actual interface??? I mean can you record audio to your computer with this? I currently use 2 Delta 1010's and was just looking for a way to play with faders and knobs rather than using the mouse but it looks like I may have replaced the delta's as well...

anyone have any thoughts on this???

nah, it just operates as a sort of standalone mixer...with control surface. That way you can use it for monitoring, talkback, plug a couple of mics in for extra pres.

thats strange that they would put mic inputs and pres into the unit if it is unable to record from those inputs...

Check out Mackies web site. They should have a manual available for download (pdf). Their manual are very nice and easy to read.

reading sucks....I was hoping someone would just tell me..... :p

I actually downloaded this yesterday and printed it out...just havnt had time to read it yet....Ill be making a 2 hour road trip today though.....might get the ol'lady to drive while I read.....

in Mackies FAQ's...it looks like the extenders will work with the HUI...but in the mackie forums, it looks like some folks are saying that the extenders do not work with the HUI....only the MCU....

anyone here have any experiance with these??

Do you need softwear to use this or can i just plug it in and go. i have the same HUI but just havent set it up yet do to space?

Back