mac vs pc

Standard no commitment answer:
They both work. What you decide to use should depend on what platform you feel more comfortable using, and what software you think will better suit your needs.

Honestly, if you're at the stage where you have to ask this question, you should be concentrating more on mic'ing techniques, room acoustics, pre-amps/mixers, and mixing (eq, panning, compression, reverb, etc...)

Wow, I think this is the first MAC vs. PC thread I've ever posted in. Feels good!

My opinion is that the search button is friggin' cool man. I love those things, the search buttons. Wow!!! They can do 24/96 recording, tons of plug-ins, amazing!!! I love search buttons.

Google is kind of neat too! I mean you type in a word or phrase, and it gives you links to all kinds of stuff to read. It's like some sort of really smart supercomputer! :D

Polaris20 said:
My opinion is that the search button is friggin' cool man. I love those things, the search buttons. Wow!!! They can do 24/96 recording, tons of plug-ins, amazing!!! I love search buttons.

Monkey Allen said:
Well, I'm going to say...PC. Macs are goofy farm animals and PC's are wild beasts.

The best evaluation of Mac vs. PC ever. Who wants a cow, when you can have a Tiger? er wait, that didn't come out right.....

What's Linux then? The bastard child of a cow and a warthog?

lol, ok next time i'll make sure and search first. And thanks everyone else, for letting me know about some of the other things i need to worry about. I didn't really know how to start out. and so bulls hit, question changed, desktop or laptop???

Yeah I'd have said desktop until I got a firepod and a laptop.

I thought I'd have trouble mixing lots of tracks with effects on the laptop, but I'm up to 12 tracks of 24/48 with a bunch of plugins including Drumagog, which can be quite heavy on cpu, and the thing's not breaking a sweat yet.

Not sure how far I can push it, but man I'm lovin it so far

Yea I think with the capabilities of the nicer labtops at this point, either one is an option. But if you have no reason to record on the go, then stick with a desktop. Its easier to add and expand to them as far as HD's and PCI cards, etc. Usually more options.

Back