M-Audio Profire 2626

jaybriggs84

I just bought a new interface, I went with the Profire 2626 because of the great reviews and the extra inputs. I've had a Firepod for a few years now and have outgrown it. The Profire will give me 16 more channels through ADAT a clock and hopefully a MIDI port that works(the firepod midi was always buggy). I'll also have direct dsp monitoring through the profire, unlike the firepod. I'm not too familiar with the preamps that come with the profire, but I've read that they are an upgraded form of the Octane. Can anyone tell me how the octane preamps compared with the DMP3 pres that everyone loves so much. I have to think that these will be an immediate upgrade from the Firepod preamps. Hopefully it will be shipped Monday and come by the end of next week!

It sounds like the extra features will be a great improvement for you! As far as the preamps, I would expect them to be an upgrade but probably not as dramatic as you are hoping. I do hope you'll post your opinions on the unit once you've had a chance to use it.

It sounds like the extra features will be a great improvement for you! As far as the preamps, I would expect them to be an upgrade but probably not as dramatic as you are hoping. I do hope you'll post your opinions on the unit once you've had a chance to use it.

Yeah, maybe I sounded a little too optimistic about the preamps, I'll be using my RNP for pretty much everything anyways. I'm mostly looking forward to direct monitoring, an improved clock, a stable MIDI connection and the future expandability with ADAT. It shipped Monday and should be here Thursday.

It came in last night, and although I haven't recorded anything yet, it seems like the D/A sounds clearer to me than the Firepod.

Back