m-audio interface Q - channels hotter than others

wp001

channel one of my delta 1010Lt is a lote hotter than any of my channel. im thinking i maybe set up my jumpers wrong. channel one and 2 have the pres on them.

wp001 said:
channel one of my delta 1010Lt is a lote hotter than any of my channel. im thinking i maybe set up my jumpers wrong. channel one and 2 have the pres on them.

Yeah. There are two jumpers. IIRC, one is the mic pre gain, the other is a pad. You want the gain off and (IIRC) the pad off, too. But in addition to those settings, there is a software setting between +4 dB, 0dB, and something like -18dB. Make sure those are set the same across all the channels.

well if i did do the jumpers wrong wouldnt both the mic levaels be really hot. its only input1. input 2 is at normal leval

wp001 said:
well if i did do the jumpers wrong wouldnt both the mic levaels be really hot. its only input1. input 2 is at normal leval

I -think- there are separate jumpers for each of the first two channels, so it's probably a jumper issue. If it were the software setting, it would be both 1 and 2.

It has been a while, though, so I could be remembering wrong.

Back