M-Audio Delta DIO 2496 or Echo Darla 24??

toka

Hey!

Im gonna buy a new soundcard but i have to choose between:

M-Audio Delta DIO 2496 and Echo Darla 24

I need to know some things about the two soundcards.

1. Is the latency good?
2. Is the drivers support good?
3. Does it work with VIA chipset? I have a ASUS A7V133 VIA KT133 Motherboard.
4. Is the sound quality good?

Im planning to use the card with Cubase and use some softhsynths.

So what is the best choise?

regards

toka

The Dio is a digital only card...it will only take S/PDIF signals.....the Delta Audiophile 2496 is what you want....

as far as the Audiophile goes...

1 -yes
2 -yes
3 -contact Delta
4 -yes

the Darla has nothing that the Audiophile doesnt and costs more $$$$.....the Echo Mia has about the same features/quality as the Audiophile but has balanced ins/outs fi that is an issue and only goes for about $40-$50 more......

The Darla was digital only also, and no midi support. I just replaced one with an Omni Studio (Delta66).

What do you want to be able to do and what can you spend? What equipment have you already got?

delta dio 2496

Hey!
I think i will buy the M-Audio Delta DIO 2496 card. But i need to know a few things about it.

1. does it work with via chipset? i have a ASUS A7V133 via kt133 motherboard.
2. can i connect my mixer to it?
3. is the latency good?
4. does it work with cubase?

regards

toomas

can i connect my mixer to it?

Does your mixer have a S/PDIF digital i/o (optical or coaxial)? Just in case it wasn't clear, I'll reiterate what Gidge pointed out -- the Dio is a digital i/o only card -- meaning it has no analog inputs (though it does have a stereo analog output).

getugrip was in error; the Darla24 was not a digital-only card, it was a 2 in - 8 out analog card with no digital i/o. The Gina24 is the same basic card with the addition of S/PDIF digital i/o. Kind of like the difference between the M-Audio Delta44 and Delta66. He was right in that the Darla24 has been discontinued.

1 - email Delta
2 - like Al said, only if the mixer has S/PDIF outs (which I doubt)
3 - yes
4 - yes

also, the Delta Audiophile has EVERYTHING that the the Dio has, but also has analog inputs, which you will definitely be able to hook up your mixer to...and it costs less than the Dio...go figure......

Back