M-Audio Delta 44

fweyd

I have an M-Audio Delta 44 .. I dont know what mixer to buy so I can use the 4 Simultaneous recording of the Delta 44 .. I just need a Cheap mixer .. I dont need EFX :D Thanks.

I would get a small Yamaha MG or Soundcraft Spirit mixer. As long as it has insert points on each channel, you can use those as outs to your Delta 44 (using the insert as an out will only utilize the input gain stage, and will bypass the EQ, etc.).

An insert point is a jack located on each channel that is usually used to take an effect and "insert" it into the signal path (compressors, reverb, what-have-you). On the Yamaha MG's, for example, the jack is located on the back of the mixer on each channel right above the inputs. Inserts are designed to be an input and output all in one--kinda like an effects loop but with one jack. If you want, you can use the inserts as "direct outs" by pushing a cable in there up to the first "click"...that way, only the output is activated. For some reason, this never shows up in the manuals, but it definitely works.

fweyd said:
I have an M-Audio Delta 44 .. I dont know what mixer to buy so I can use the 4 Simultaneous recording of the Delta 44 .. I just need a Cheap mixer .. I dont need EFX :D Thanks.

fwiw I'll vouch for an oldie but a goodie, the Tascam M-216. 16 channels (8 of which have RCA inputs for tape or soundcard), 4 busses/subgroups with individual outputs on the back. Nice sounding and sturdy mixer that I found for about $200 used; you can probably find them for less. Only downside is no built-in phantom power. Nevertheless, I plan to use with a soundcard when I get around to buying one (I'm strongly considering the Delta 44 or 66 myself).

cheers

Billy S.

Back