M audio 1010 delta ???

SillySillyStacy

Hi I have the unit working but what I am trying to understand is what out(s) my computer is sending too on the interface. Say I play a wav or an mp3 from the compuer, where is it being sent? I have located it on my channel 2 but it also seems to be on channel 1 just not as much of a signal level.
Can it be sent anywhere else and how?

Also, should I go into the bios on the computer and turn OFF onboard audio codecs? I dont even have computer speakers hooked up to it, just the ones through the mixer>power amp Or does it not even matter?

Thanks so much

sound should come out of 1 and 2...as in 1: left 2: right......make sure you have both levels turned up the same in your maudio control panel

SillySillyStacy said:
Hi I have the unit working but what I am trying to understand is what out(s) my computer is sending too on the interface. Say I play a wav or an mp3 from the compuer, where is it being sent? I have located it on my channel 2 but it also seems to be on channel 1 just not as much of a signal level.
Can it be sent anywhere else and how?
First off, it will depend on what program you are using to playback the MP3 or Wave, and how you have the computer or program configured.

Generally playback from Windows Media Player or Winamp or the like, is determined by what outputs you have setup in Sounds and Audio in the Windows Control Panel. You can choose any "pair" you want (1/2, 3/4, 5/6 etc.). The reason it is done in pairs is that the output signal is stereo - so one side gets the right channel signal and the other gets the left channel.

Go to Control Panel and open up the Sounds and Audio control. Click the tab for Audio and click the dropdown arrow under Sound Playback. Whatever you choose here will become the default playback for WMP, etc.

Recording Software, OTOH, generally will have controls within the program itself that allow you to choose the playback outputs. They do not rely on the default playback you have established for Windows.

Ok I understand that and did it.... My question about it would be which is better and why... the multi setting or just 2 (eg 1/2)??????

Thank you :)

if you had a 5.1 surround sound monitoring system then you would need the multi setting that would give you front left, front right, center, rear left, rear right and a subwoofer....but just having outs 1 and 2 are all most people will need. and most subs come with their own crossover controls so you would run outs 1 and 2 to the subwoofer and run the left and right from the subwoofer's outs to the main monitors

Ok I understand that too!!! I switched it to 1/2
Now do I need to turn off the on board audio stuff in my computers bios?
I went looking for it and it is enabled and I left it that way. I never intened to hook computer speakers up to the computer so I wasnt sure if I needed them on or if it even mattered...

thank you

Back