Lynx L22 issue - only one channel of analog input is recording

powpowmeow

Due to the fact that I am brand new to this piece of hardware, this could be something very simple I am overlooking.

I opened up the Lynx Mixer and plugged an xlr into the In 1 analog input of the breakout cable.
Recording fine, no problem, mixer software reading fine.
(using sound forge 8 to test input recording)

Now, In 2, on the other hand, is getting no input in Lynx Mixer, and, as expected, is recording no audio.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of detail, so if you need more info I'm happy to answer promptly.

My system:
Win 7 Enterprise x64 based, stripped down for audio recording only
No other soundcards
8 Gb ram

Thank you!

I use the AES16e and find it quite stable but now and then there are bugs.

Have you made sure the relevant input is routed to the relevant playback output?

What I do is when there is a glitch I see if I can fix it and then I save it as a mixer preset, like "default" so I don't have to troubleshoot next time. It usually fixed the problem every time.

Can you post a screenshot of your mixer?

Cheers :)

I use the AES16e and find it quite stable but now and then there are bugs.

Have you made sure the relevant input is routed to the relevant playback output?

What I do is when there is a glitch I see if I can fix it and then I save it as a mixer preset, like "default" so I don't have to troubleshoot next time. It usually fixed the problem every time.

Can you post a screenshot of your mixer?

Thanks for the reply..this card is brand new to me, so i will try to follow along.

I did a Restore Defaults, and still had the same issue.

As far as relevant input-->output, there is not an input level shown on the mixer to begin with...

Screenshot: on this screenshot i am inputting a signal into An In 2 with no response. With the same settings a signal into An In 1 works fine.

lynx ss.jpg

Hmmm, sounds eerily like a hardware or cable failure. The L22 uses a breakout cable, right? Have you tried installing the latest drivers and updating the firmware on your card?

Lynx Studio Download Search Results

Update the firmware and drivers from that link and report back.

Yup tried all that. Ive been around the block a few times. Might be a bad cable. Must be, even.

I didnt bother with the install CD i went right online. I just got it off ebay and already returned it to the guy. almost $20 to send it back. What a joke.

But thanks a lot for your help anyway. I gotta find another L22...

Back