Live off the floor software

bileshake

Looking for good software to record on a Mac that either record from digi 002 rack or mbox pro2 for capturing jams without spending too much time geeking. I'm looking for stereo most the time but would like to work towards a multi channel setup for demoing.
I like the idea of capture from presonus, but they push on their product integration and I don't use presonus stuff. I do like the idea of simplicity of the app though.

The way you phrased the question seems vague to me. I am not sure what your goals are...

I am assuming by 'spending time geeking' you mean that you wish to press record and go. Well, there are easy/simple programs that do this, though you would be limited to what you can do with them.

You have a bunch of posts and a good amount of rep. Sorry, I don't know you personally but you have been around here for quite some time. Have you not read the 'Stickies' on the top of forums?

I guess I should expand. I'm looking for opinions on current experience to simply record in the heat of band practice without having my back to everyone when i should be tuning my guitar.
Yes I have been around, many generations of Macs and OS versions. I've used Audacity (didn't realize it still available...) felt tip studio, bias peak (miss this one dearly...) pro tools, cubase, nuendo, digital performer and now DSP Quattro (?) I've upgrade to a new MBpro with Mavericks and have been looking for something to track jams in stereo easily and efficiently. My latest attempt was protools, (works fine and familiar but bouncing down every recording is time consuming) and DSP quattro which looks sharp but doesn't show input level so you have no idea if its getting important recordings.

May as well dedicate the G5 to the jam room. So I'm thinking a pair of SM57's into a Mbox Pro2 into the G5. Quickly backing up recordings to SD to send home with bandmates.

Back