Linking input of one sound card to ouptput of second card

mlamelas

I have the Harman Kardon Soundsticks USB speakers working on a PC running Windows2K. These speakers are designed for the Mac, so I can't get support from HK. The Windows drivers for the Soundsticks only accept wav input, so there is no mic-in or line-in availability. My system has a built in AC97 Sound Card, with both Mic in and Line in. Is there a way that I can take the input of the Line In from the AC97 sound card, convert it to wav, and output it to the Soundsticks.

Thanks.

In the multimedia control pannel on the Audio tab, try setting your preferred recording device to your sound card, and you're preferred playback device to the HK's. Then, in the windows mixer, make sure that line in is selected as the record channel.

The windows mixer is kinda wack, you have to go into the options->properties menu and select "Adjust volume for Recording", then make sure line-in is selected, say ok, and then, again make sure line in is selected and adujust the volume...

Hope it helps.

Mo.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that but I still can't get the sound to play on the USB Speakers. Thanks for the help.

Back