Line6 UX1 vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

leoEDC

Hi Everybody,

i'm currently using this configuration for recording vocals:

AKG perception 200 --> Behringer MIC200 Tube Ultragain --> Line6 Pod Studio UX1 --> Computer

now, considering that i mostly record rap vocals, would i get any benefit in quality sound switching to this configuration?

AKG perception 200 --> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 --> Computer

second question: i would like to get another mic, budget 250/300 euro, any recommendations?

thanks in advance,

Leo

I'm guessing the reason for the MIC200 is for phantom power for the mic. Getting the MIC200 out of the picture would be a good idea, so perhaps the 2i2 would be the way to do it. The Steinberg UR22mkII also gets good recommendations around here as well.

I do have the AKG perception 200 and find it pretty good for the money. Other mics I have around the range you're looking at...
sE Electronics 2200a II Cardioid Condenser SEE-2200AIIC B&H
Studio Projects CS5 Multi-Pattern Studio Condenser Microphone
A bit over the budget...
ADK MICROPHONES Hamburg MK8 Large-Diaphragm HAMBURG MK8 B&H
ADK MICROPHONES Vienna MK8 Large-Diaphragm Condenser VIENNA MK8

If you can't try a mic out, search for reviews, check Youtube videos, and ask in the forum.

Good site for mic info... Microphone Database | RecordingHacks.com

yes exactly, i use MIC200 because of the phantom power.
I would like to step up a bit from what i already have, and if the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 will not bring that much improvements, perhaps would be wiser to invest my money just in a really good mic and leave the rest as it is?

Back