line 6 ux8 has bit the dust :mad: Thoughts on Behringer's U-phoria interface line?

TAE

All you have is now
Well the good news is that I get to keep all the LIne 6 software like POD 2 studio and it is authorized on my computers without the UX8

I'm thinking / looking seriously at Behringers U-PHORIA UMC1820 or maybe just the 404HD if I could find one in stock...any of ya's have experience with these? Hearing good things but it is still pretty new...

I reviewed the UMC22, which is the 2 in / 2 out little brother in the line. I have to say that I was impressed, considering how inexpensive it was. The Midas preamp was solid, the instrument input did great with passive bass and guitar pickups, phantom power was solid (not always the case with bus-powered units), and I was able to get some seriously low latency using the ASIO4ALL drivers (2ms in, 2ms out).

I did have to crank the output level pretty much all the way to get a good, strong signal into my headphones.

The bigger brothers in the line actually have their own drivers, so I can't vouch for how they behave. And I believe that they're powered via AC and not the USB bus, so again I can't speak for how they perform with wall power. But dang, for the money, I had very few complaints.

Back