Lightpipe input?

copperlite

Is there any other manufacturer of a lightpipe I/O card other then frontier. I'm looking for a dedicated lightpipe I/O card to go with my behringher ada8000 D/A converter and it doesn't make sense that I have so few options to go with??? :confused: I'm new to digital recording if you haddent noticed. :rolleyes: so is there a difference between ADAT and lightpipe interfaces, or are the terms interchangable?

-Thanks!

its adat lightpipe, so i guess they're "interchangable". i'd also like to hear some coimments on which card is the best bang for your buck, because right now it seems like there are an overwhelming amount of them out there

The EWS Terratec 88D is a very popular and very cheap solution that's been recommended around here and elsewhere.

There's also the Steinberg VSL2020 if you want double the pleasure, doubkle the fun.

If you're big on ADAT, the RME 9652 is a fantastic piece of work with 3x ADAT IO. 500 bucks and RME quality. I don't think anyone could possibly fault you for going this route.

Back