Layla vS delta 1010 converters?

jeff0633

Hi folks. I am considering the Delta 101 and have heard a lot of good things about the converters in this box. However, I see the layla from Echo is only about 50 bucks more and has a couple pres in it, and the dynamic range spec is better. Can anyone tell me what converters are in the Layla? I don't want converters that are the same as the delta 44 or 66 range. I want at least as good as what is in the 1010. Does anyone know what model converters are in these two units?

Thanks much.

Jeff

If it were me, i would go with the layla 3G. My opinion are entirely 3rd party based, as i dont' have a lot of experience with either. However, i have researched the cards in that price rang for a long time and i honestly believe that the layla 3G would outperform the delta 1010. There are a lot of m-audio supporters here who will tell you otherwise and if they have more experience with both of these cards then you should probably believe them. I'm going to purchase a Layla 3g in the next couple of months so if you havn't made up your mind by then, i'll chime in.

If you are after quality converters, maybe you coul also check out the E-mu 1820-M? I think it is in the same ballpark for prices, has similar features and has the same A/D converters found in the higher end digidesign/protools hardware.

minofifa said:
If it were me, i would go with the layla 3G. My opinion are entirely 3rd party based, as i dont' have a lot of experience with either. However, i have researched the cards in that price rang for a long time and i honestly believe that the layla 3G would outperform the delta 1010. There are a lot of m-audio supporters here who will tell you otherwise and if they have more experience with both of these cards then you should probably believe them. I'm going to purchase a Layla 3g in the next couple of months so if you havn't made up your mind by then, i'll chime in.

If you are after quality converters, maybe you coul also check out the E-mu 1820-M? I think it is in the same ballpark for prices, has similar features and has the same A/D converters found in the higher end digidesign/protools hardware.

I have been studying the 1820M all day, and it sounds like what I will go with. I hear the sound is nothing short of amazing. Better than anything under a thousand, and folks are saying thats econd place isn't even close. I guess that's what I will be going with. It is $499 just like the 3G, but from what I hear sounds way better.

Jeff

Jeff

I can back that statement up.
The 1212M, or 1820M either can produce some AMAZING sounding tracks, and for $400 for the 1820M, it's an absolute no brainer.

I've used probably 95% of the interfaces out there, and I haven't found one, for PC that sounds better for less than $900.

Now of course you go into the Metric Halo, and the M.H. sounds better, but there is no interface out, for under %900, IMVHO, that can sound better.

Back