Layla 3G not recognised as playback device - Help please!

Animato

I've just had a new music PC and Layla 3G delivered. The Layla 3G show up in Device Manager, but not under playback devices. There's another sound device listed - AMD HDMI. I've looked in the bios and this seems to be disabled, although it says that it's working correctly in Device manager. I've tried disabling it in Device Manager, but whatever I do, the Layla shows up as working correctly in Device Manager, but not under Playback Devices. When I was experimenting with disabling the AMD HDMI in Device Manager and under playback devices, the Layla suddenly appeared in Playback Devices (a series of outputs I think). I restarted the computer thinking that it had sorted itself out, but the Layla disappeared again and I haven't been able to get it back.

When the computer arrived from the dealer, Cubase was unresponsive - nearly frozen - taking minutes to respond. I've now uninstalled it. I'm thinking that there's some kind of conflict going on, but I don't know what else to do. The Echo Layla support guy who I've spoken to is consulting someone else because he doesn't understand why it's showing up in Device Manager, but not under Playback Devices.

The setup is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Service Pack 1)
i3 - 4340 3.6 GHz
8GB RAM

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm tearing my hair out with this machine!

Back