Latency Issues - Core i7 upgrade - Sonar - Windows 10

Trinity_project

Hey all , long time since I posted in here but this one has me scratching my head !

So I recently updated my whole rig (except for my scope creamware card) to a core i7 running at 3.8 Ghz , asus barebone mobo , 32 gig of kingston fury ram and solid state drives . I am using sonar X2 as my daw as always and the same sets of plug-ins which range from bundled to the complete waves 7 collection , most of my midi work is done in kontakt 4 .

I also upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Pro which I don't see an issue with .
I do not use sonar X2 64 bit as some of my plug-ins only work on the 32 bit platform , my last system I did the same without a problem .

Now here lies the problem , even with all this power and my creamware ULLI latency set to 3 ms (yes , 3ms without any problem ) I'm hitting latency. In my Sonar whenever I attempt to work on my kontakt while tracking I'm dealing with easily a 10ms latency and have no clue why . In the past on my old quad-core it could handle it without a problem . Now I have to freeze all my tracks (or bypass all bins) in order to work my kontakt without issue BUT I also have to activate live PDC (plugin delay compensation) which buggers around with the tracks I have already recorded! This happens even when I remove all load from my 6 Sharc dsps and up my latency to 6ms (I won't go any higher than that).

Bottom line , I'm gonna rip my farking hair out.

Here are some of the fixes I have tried .

* Adjusted core parking values to 100% (windows by default actually limits access to cores , don't know why)
* Checked all my pci settings for my creamware card , no irq conflicts or any other process on the card
* Adjusted power settings to high performance
* Set affinity and priorities of my scope and sonar processes to "all cores" and realtime priority .
* Removed all start-up garbage that could conflict my processes
* Drank about 29 cups of coffee , smoked about 263 cigarettes and 3 cigars

Things I haven't tried

* I've heard something about usb bus conflicts but haven't researched much on it
* More windows 10 tweaks that I might not be aware of , hence why I'm here
* Spend 5000 bucks for the new sonic core xcite 18 DSP system
* River dance on the computer until there's nothing left but bits ......attempting to smash it into either 16 , 24 or 32 bits ..........haven't decided how long I will smash it .
* Rip my hair out.....wait , already done that .......

Any tricks or tips would be a blessing , I am not dead in the water as there are some great gains I am noticing with the new system .....just this little bug is killing me .

Cheers
Neil !
The Trinity Project | ReverbNation

Can you test X2 in 64 bit mode, just to see if Kontakt works without the latency?

What sort of driver support is there for your creamware card? Is it still being sold/supported, or are you still using an old/non-Win10 driver? is it ASIO or WDM? Do you have the option of trying one or the other for testing?

Please don't river dance on your computer. :p

Last night I was able to get x2 64 bit going and get my 32 bit vsts figured out (bitbridge) I didn't go too deep into testing because it was late but I will give it a whirl soon .

Creamware has the scope 5.1 platform which allows me to "make" my drivers , so I can actually make and allocate as many asio inputs and outputs as I please as well . I am using the standard Asio 64 bit driver with a 32 bit float for the output audio. When I am recording something like drums I will have 4 asio ins (8 total mics on drums all on mono) . I forgot to mention I'm also using a creamware A16 Ultra adat to communicate with my pci card so A16 is also my master clock .

A little tricky spot here (which worked fine before now) is that I am also using a focusrite liquid Saffire 56 sending out those 8 tracks ADAT to my creamware A16 . I don't think that matter much cause I don't run that when Im doing midi work , just for drums . However the saffire interface is pissing me off a little as it is firewire controlled (try finding a firewire pci card these days ) and tends to have some lock issues at times..........whole other ball of wax .

Hopefully some of that helps , I'll tinker with the 64 bit software and update accordingly !

Cheers
Neil

Back