Laptops

bknot1

Hustle Magic!! We Got It.
what would be the best laptop to use for music productions..i once found a site that tested all the top laptops but i cant find the site anymore...if u know of a site that does this please let me know with the link..also this is the laptop i just got for music production..i think this will work find:

NEC Versa SXi, PIII 650mhz super fast NEC Versa SXi with DVD, with a touch pad, 256MB, DVD, 20GB HDD, 14.1" XGA Display, Floppy, Xir356k Modem, 10/100 Ethernet Adapter, Power DVD XP Movie Software, Windows 98 and Office 2000

It has Mic in, Line In and Headphones out...i was lookin for a laptop that had a line in

what do u all think

and does anyone know where i can get parts to build my own laptop..

http://www.soundclick.com/knotmeproductions
http://www.nowhereradio.com/knotme/singles

It has Mic in, Line In and Headphones out...i was lookin for a laptop that had a line in

Laptop soundcards are the worst for any type of audio recording. You will want to purchase at least a USB 1.0 card or better to get any decent audio into ond out of your computer. USB 1.0 has a few problems and drawbacks so I'd recommend USB2.0 interface even if you choose a 1.0 soundcard. This would also be handy for drives and whatnot.

A 20gig hard drive will be too small in the long run for multi tracking audio and the different sotware apps you may want to run. If you get a 20gig you should plan on getting an external drive something either firewire or USB2.0.

CD burner? Firewire or USB2.0 for faster burns and back up. This is why I say maybe a firewire cardbus adapter if you think you'd want a firewire setup or USB2.0 if you would rather have a cheaper USB 1.0 soundcard.

PRICEWATCH.COM can help you find some great deals on computers and equipment.

i have a firewire card for the burner i have with my older laptop..im just goin to take that and used it with the new 1...i never had any problem recordin vocal from the other or inputin my beats in from my RM1X..i know i goin to upgrade the hard drive,cause i had a 20 gig b4 and i ate it up with music..so i think i will get a 40 or 60gig depending on price...but good info lazi thanks

Back