Kontakt not working in Reaper

marcinsen

Hi
I am a Reaper user. Today I installed Kontakt Native Instruments and I tried to use it as VST in Reaper. I manage to open it, but when I load an instrument it freezes and I have to stop it from the task manager. When I turn it on (Kontakt) seperately, as stand alone program, it works fine. How can I get it to work with reaper? Help apreciated greatly:)

Hi
I am a Reaper user. Today I installed Kontakt Native Instruments and I tried to use it as VST in Reaper. I manage to open it, but when I load an instrument it freezes and I have to stop it from the task manager. When I turn it on (Kontakt) seperately, as stand alone program, it works fine. How can I get it to work with reaper? Help apreciated greatly:)

What version are you using?

Is Win 7 64bit?

if so Ive read of problems with kontakt 4 crashing

I cant really help as I use kontakt 5

I know that thats not the last update to kontakt 4...theres definitely a v4.2.3..if this doesnt resolve it I frequent Native Instruments user forums, theres plenty of folks to help you out

Do you have a genuine copy of Kontakt 4? Will you be upgrading to 5, or are your using Kontakt Player? I have used NI user support via their forum for Kontakt 5 - they do respond, but not very quickly.

Back