Just to playback together btwn 2 simple softwares from Mac + PC

chueh

My only purpose now is to playback together btwn two simple software from a PC, without the budget to get advanced programs or equipment. Hopefully, my simple setup would work:

I installed the rtpMidi, which is equivalent to Apple's Audio Midi Setup, on my Windows 7 PC. Both the Mac OS X Yosemite and the PC can communicate and network the audio systems, yet that's as far as it goes. I am not sure how to make the Garritan Personal Orchestra, which is not a sequencer but rather a sampler with the capability of playing a midi file from the Mac, and the Anvil Studio from the PC to communicate and sync. Although I understand the concept of SMPTE timecode and the relationship between the master and the slave devices, the software I own do not have the setup for synchronization.

Despite the fact that Anvil Studio is capable for ReWire, I couldn't make it work. I did installed the driver ASIO4ALL to the PC, which could ReWire with another program, yet it found no program with the ReWire capability in the PC. I suspect that ReWire between two programs can only be done on the SAME computer??? Yes? no?

Thus, I also tried add two "midi devices" in the Mac's Audio Midi Setup. The two "midi devices" I added are just sitting there without being able to communicate, because I couldn't connect the IN to the OUT from each other on the little midi device icons. Thus, I believe that I could only add the midi devices only if they are external devices such as actual synthesizers and audio equipment but not virtual midi music programs. yes? no?

I also tried the configure IAC. By all means it is for "inter apps," so I think that IAC is the key I need to work on. Nonetheless, there is only ONE IAC I could use and change the name of an app, so I have no idea how to go about setting the IAC up for two different programs from two different OP systems.

Anyway, however I can sync the two programs from the two computers based on the software and hardware I have, I would be willing to try. Whichever the method it would be, as long as I can make the synchronization work.

Please advice. Thanks

Back