Just a little humor from ol Shakes

thats truly disgusting...I am quite appalled......

he shoulda took a dump on it......

Who knows.

From what I can tell Shakes changes gear continually (Every 6 months?). Next the dissed (pissed) ICON will be a PARIS one.

Didn't you use Logic adamantly Shakes?

What's next? 2" tape?

I'd take a protools setup over what I use now, you wouldn't Gidge? Or do you use protools all the time, and find it doesn't meet your expectations?

Excuse me Emeric but I have owned 2 thats right count them 2 platforms Logic and PARIS so I have no idea wtf you are talking about. And as far as every 6 months go I have had PARIS now for almost a year. So please either know what your talking about or STFU. And one more thing It was a funny little joke nothing more so if you have no sense of humor or just cant fucking handle it take a hike and just don't read my posts!

Oh and BTW I still use Logic, awesome program you wont hear me say anything bad about it.

I have been a member here and posting for almost 2 years and when I first started I was with Logic and switched to PARIS when I got the money or I woulda done it sooner. I have seen people switch platforms much more then me and talk about each one like it was a godsend. I love both and speak highly of the one I am NOT even currently using full time so I think your comment is WAY off base.

The "trashing PT" thing is about as old as my grandfathers teeth.... Give it up Shakes....
If you want to kick PT then back it up with some audio info and leave the pissing for the kindergarden.

By the way for the record...you used to push Layla almost every second post so I'm a bit surprised to see you use Paris these days....

All in all it's just a tool.

OMFG FOLKS IT WAS JUST A LITTLE JOKE my god it wasnt meant as anything else. Ever see those signs in the windows of cars with the little dude pissing on a Chevy or FORD Etc.? Same thing its just a little funny thing people do to make life a little more fun if everybody liked the same thing the world would suck. Now as far as Layla I have not had a Layla in well over a year but when I did have it I got good results out of it and posted those in the forum. So whats the problem with? Just to clear up the confusion here is the gear I have gone through..(not what I have used in other studios etc just what I have personally owned and posted about)

Layla w/Logic Plat.

PARIS

Ok now that goes back over 2 years OMG I have had one other thing and I liked it as well. I posted my results from Layla in the Mixing clinic ETC and well frankly they spoke for themselves. And either your not reading whole posts which doesnt suprise me Shailat or things just are not registering but like I said above. I HAVE HAD PARIS FOR ABOUT 1 YEAR!!!!!!!! There I hope you got it that time. Did I post anything EVER slamming PT besides my little .gif um No I think not. So do me a favor and read the posts and know what your talking about or you shouldnt post.

Just for those of you who would like to see a Layla project.

http://www.mp3.com/codyyoung

All but one were Layla projects so you'll see why I was happy with it..

Oh and one more thing I made that little pissing gif after being in a studio for a friends small project with a HUGE PT rig and watching it have to be rebooted like 4 times and crash once. We were both ticked and I made it mostly for him to laugh. And once again same thing as the window sticker with the kid pissing on Chevy, Ford some people take things WAY to serious... Just so everyone who doesnt either know me or for those that don't remember I want to make it clear one last time. I do NOT change gear every 6 months like our Illinformed poster above mentioned I use a wide variety of rigs in other studios but in my own I have only changed 1! time. And unlike some I don't slam on this bbs either music or equipment like some, I just simply post what I know about what I own and then post audio to back up what I say.

I didn't say switching platforms was a bad thing, were all looking for a sound right? The every 6 months thing was out of line though.

But for one who says they don't slam other peoples gear and posts this 'humor'.... Well I guess I don't have a sense of humor.

I get tired of the endless gear bashing, I guess it's all par for the course. This one just set me off a bit.

Its all good Emeric ;-)

It was meant to be something to make people giggle a little. Hell if someone had one that did it to PARIS posted the way I posted mine I would get a kick out of it. (Then I would go make a PT one and it would all be in good fun.)

P.S. I have a piss on Ford sticker in the window of my Chevy but yet my family car is a Ford minivan ;-).

P.S. I have a piss on Ford sticker in the window of my Chevy but yet my family car is a Ford minivan ;-). [/B]

LOL

I've never really heard much about PARIS. It's probably above my level anyway right now but I would be interested to have a look.

Al,
Paris is Nashvilles ProTools...

I thought it was cute.....even a ProTools user with a sense of humor would find that funny....

Emeric Im a big fan of ProTools and Paris sytems and would take either one of those over what I use now.....If I had my choice for a full blown system, Id go with Paris, but thats a personal preference.......

Graphic stickers like the one onShakes Chevy one is probably a picture of the little boy pissing on the word "Ford"...very common...they have one pissing on Ford....pissing on Dodge....pissing on everything...I sell them at my store.....my favorite one is the little boy kneeling in front of a cross and says "Forgive Me For Peeing On Everyone"......

I think you guys just didnt understand the brand of humor....maybe if he has one thats pissing on a JoeMeek

:D

I was wondering what that "Pissing on Christ" sticker I saw in a pickup rear window last week was all about. It pictured the usual figure that urinates on Ford or Chevy pissing on The Cross. Shit- I'm no Christian, but that seems a bit over the edge. Why haven't I even seen (behind the Orange Curtain) this figure pissing on Osama Bin Laden? Or George W? Political Correctness?
Not enough beer to go around?

www.streetgraphics.com
I get them from here.....click on Online Store and then click on Design Your Own.....maybe you can Piss on Osama.....

the one Im talking about has this picture but says "Forgive Me For Peeing On Everyone"......

Attachments

• streetgraphics.gif
    streetgraphics.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 10
Back