J-Station S/PDIF Problem

godsmack_freak

I just recently purchased a J-station and an Audiopjile 2496 sound card and I'm having some problems.
I have the S/PDIF out on the J-station going into the S/PDIF in of the 2496. I am using cakewalk pro 9 to record. Anyway, when I record a lone guitar track everything is fine, I can hear it fine through my monitors and the recording itself sounds fine. But the problem is when I try to add guitar after other tracks have been recorded. As an example I recorded a drum track using my boss drum machine, then tried to record guitar on the next track, I could hear the guitar as usual but could not hear the drum track. How can I hear the other track(s) that I've recorded while I'm recording guitar? This may be a stupid question but I am stumped on this one. By the way everything works fine when I use the analog outs from the J-station instead of the S/PDIF. Here's a quick run down of my setup so you'll know what I have.

Guitar>J-station> audiophile 2496 (S/PDIF)

Behringer 1604a mixer
I have the mixer going to the soundcard via the main outs
I have the soundcard going back to the mixer via the soundcards outs into the "tape in" of the mixer.
I have my Yamaha MSP3 Monitors connected to the CTRL outs of the mixer. And ofcourse I have various other thing connected to the mixer, drum machine, mics, etc.

Well anyway sorry for the long boring post, but I sure would appreciate some help on this one.

Thanks

Back