IWILL KK266 w/ MOTU 2408

mastahnke

Linux Man...
Has anyone used these two computer parts together? I want to make sure the VIA chipset works with MOTU's PCI 324 card. I have had difficulty getting certain machines to recognize the card at all. Anyone else had that problem? Anyway, I just am curious if anyone else is running MOTU stuff and the IWILL board.
MIKE

I just got done building a new recording only daw using the Iwill kk266plus. No extreme headaches with the pci324 install. I disabled the onboard sound via the jumpers at first.(per the roll your own thunderbird instructions at prorec.com) I only loaded the minimum amount of drivers for the onboard sound once i did enable it. My 2408 seems to be extremely happy running on this board. Good Luck, Keith

Thanks Keith, I guess that is all I needed to know. I think I will think about getting one of those. I wonder how often Prorec updates their roll your own, it seems like a lot has changed in 6 months.

MIKE

ProRec.com RYO history:

Roll Your Own - October 1998
Roll Your Own 2000 - May 2000
Roll Your Own Thunderbird - July 2001

I doubt you'll see the next one until 2002

Queue

Iwill kk266 (beware)

I had to sell my iwill because of incompatibility with my nvidia geforce, be carful (i think the later geforce cards have less problems with it)

If you are running window 98 se you are better off becuase it has better USB support.

And i recommend you disable ACPI @ setup- X:setup /pi at command prompt.

But this is a kickass overclocker!!

Good luck!

Back