Issues with recording with cuebase le 6

morbe

I am very new to recording with computers, though I'm no novice when it comes to computers them selves. I recently purchased a Zoom r16 that I have had for about 6 months its great! I love it. But I cant record drums in my neighborhood because in my hood the peeps will report a noise complaint if I play an acoustic kit. I love a real Kit, and I hate the way Electric Kits sounds very sterile. but I digress
I recently spoke to a friend that uses Computer recording software and uses EZ drummer. It sounds simple enough so I loaded the Cubase LE 6 software I got with the Zoom R16 and loaded the drivers for ASIO that came with my Zoom software and I could not get sound to play. I recorded some sample tracks and even imported some tracks and NO SOUND. I tried every setting with no luck but then I changed the ASIO driver to a generic one and then BEHOLD I have sound and I can Play back! So what gives? I have to record on the Zoom R16 ASIO driver and switch to the Native Windows driver to hear the playback? Im I just missing something?
Thanks for the very informative website and forums.

Make sure you first go HERE and download the latest driver. Follow the instructions and use the driver for your OS.

It seems that the driver you are using is just not compatible with your OS. Or there is something else wrong. Try that first and report back.

I most definatley will try the most updated drivers I tried it during initial install but it failed so I went with drivers from the disk. Also I've been reading that I may have to reinstall the software using 32 bit versions. Even though cubase, drivers, ezdrummer all come in 64 bit versions they are just finicky. Is that true? If everything works I plan to upgrade to cubase 7. But it's a long road ahead. I have a beast of a computer (no midi inputs)Thanks for advice.

All Problems have been solved thanks so very much. I in good measure uninstalled everything and reinstalled the 32bit version of everything. Now I have cubase elements 7, with my Zoom r16 being used as in interface and Mackie controller, (Its pretty impressive)
I was able to get EZdrummer. and a nanoPAD2. I dont know why I thought recording on a Computer Based DAW was so intimidating? I'm glad I was able to take a small step into a bigger world.
The reason I couldnt get sound from my computer speakers was the output was controlled by my R16 so the audio output had to come from the Zoom R16. So I just plugged in some headphones to my Zoom R16 and I have sound. I actually prefer to record with headphone.
Thanks again.

All Problems have been solved thanks so very much. I in good measure uninstalled everything and reinstalled the 32bit version of everything. Now I have cubase elements 7, with my Zoom r16 being used as in interface and Mackie controller, (Its pretty impressive)
I was able to get EZdrummer. and a nanoPAD2. I dont know why I thought recording on a Computer Based DAW was so intimidating? I'm glad I was able to take a small step into a bigger world.
The reason I couldnt get sound from my computer speakers was the output was controlled by my R16 so the audio output had to come from the Zoom R16. So I just plugged in some headphones to my Zoom R16 and I have sound. I actually prefer to record with headphone.
Thanks again.

Good to hear you are up and running! Now make some music! :)

Back