Issues with Reaper and Guitar Rig Session I/O

Matt Bennett

Hi guys! New to the forum, and admittedly a complete novice at home recording.

I'm having a few issues with reaper and my Session I/O audio interface. See my screenshots below for some references!

So first of all, I've watched a couple of those "Reaper for Beginners" videos on YouTube, and in one, they also use the Session I/O and they actually get inputs that show up, and outputs, but these aren't showing up. I've downloaded the correct drivers for the Session I/O off of the product CD that came with the audio interface. But I can't get any inputs to show up, and thus the interface isn't working correctly.

The second image is when I instead select WaveOut, in this case it does change the message in the top corner from Audio Device Closed to 44.1kHz etc. but when I plug my guitar into the instrument input, I can see the interface picks up the signal but it doesn't transfer through into Reaper. For the record, I'm just wanting to record DIs of the instruments as they're to be sent to a professional engineer for re-amping, mixing and mastering, for my bands latest record (doing this because short on cash).

asio.PNG

waveout.PNG

Now I know I must be doing something wrong, but I have absolutely no idea what it is. Would you guys be able to a total noob out?

Thanks guys! :)

Back