Issues with mixer

Chaseroxyursox

I had just gotten a new Alesis mixer to track drums and I am wondering if I could run my mixer through my interface and still have individual tracks for each channel of the interface though my DAW software to add programs. Any pointers on what I should do would be very helpful!

What is the model of your mixer and interface? Your interface will have to have as many inputs as there are drum mics in order to record separately into you DAW.

yes I want each drum to have its own individual track, I have enough inputs on the mixer which is an Alesis Studio 24, and my interface is a Focusrite Saphire 2 input.

Looks like you have 8 direct outs on the mixer. That is the good news. The bad news, is that you need an interface with 8 line inputs to make use of them. The best you could get away with with what you have, is a submix of the drums to 2 tracks. Time to upgrade your interface. :)

Maybe someone will chime in with a better interface option, but I am sold on the Tascam. The music samples on my website, were all recorded with the US1641, which is the same as the 1800, previous to the visual upgrade and external power supply.

Well, all but the Seeking Raven one. It has drums programmed with Addictive Drums.

Maybe someone will chime in with a better interface option, but I am sold on the Tascam. The music samples on my website, were all recorded with the US1641, which is the same as the 1800, previous to the visual upgrade and external power supply.

Well, all but the Seeking Raven one. It has drums programmed with Addictive Drums.

Yep...the Tascam models are solid. I've got the 1641 as well, and it's got a quality build to it! You can't go wrong with the 1800, OP!

Back