Iphone to to control my DAW?

RebelDogg

I just bought a shiny new iPhone 4s yesterday and have been screwing around with it quite a bit. I'm a little behind the times... this is the first time I've ever touched a phone like this. Pretty fun...

Anyway, I found out that there is an app called iDisplay that will allow you to turn your iPhone/iPad into another display for your comp. Before I even bought this phone I was hoping this was possible.

I want to use the phone so I can tweak things without having to get up and go to the keyboard. It'd be great to have access to transport controls right there when I'm recording my guitar across the room or something.

I'm pretty excited about this and am saving for a wireless router so I can hook all of this up (will be a while... as it stands I'm going to be eating a little less for a while after buying this thing! Hey! The iPhone can even help you lose weight! Use that for advertising, Apple!)

Just wondering if anyone on here has given this a try yet and how did it work out for you? Thoughts?

I tried asking Siri for her opinion... but she isn't fond of the y'atcent (New Orleans accent) and I couldn't get a straight answer.

ALSO: What about other uses for iPhone/iPad with your DAW? I've seen people using the touch screen for things like an X/Y pad or Continuum-like instrument. I'm sure there are apps out there that could be fun and maybe even useful. I have FL Mobile. I think there's an iDevice to MIDI adapter or something out there. Line6 makes it but I haven't looked it up. Anyway, thoughts on that as well.

I'll have to check that out, thanks!

I just ordered a wireless router last night so by next week I should be rocking it.

Back